A Boston native, Brian Bisema is a Managing Director and Partner at the firm's Boston office, where he has worked since joining HVS in 2006. Brian oversees the firm’s New England operations and has completed hundreds of engagements during his tenure throughout this region and the U.S. He has authored numerous articles on the performance trends and dynamics of New England hotel markets and has presented to local hotel association groups over the past several years.
Some of Brian's significant past engagements in the New England/Northeast region include the following.
- Cliff House Maine (Cape Neddick, ME)
- The Spa at Norwich Inn (Norwich, CT)
- Red Jacket Mountain View Resort (North Conway, NH)
- Great Wolf Lodge (Fitchburg, MA)
- The Glen House (Gorham, NH)
- Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel (Boston, MA)
- Copley Square Hotel (Boston, MA)
- Four Seasons Hotel (Washington, D.C.)
- Graduate Hotel Storrs/UConn (Storrs, CT)
- Archer Hotel (Burlington, MA)
- Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel (Foxborough, MA)
In addition to consulting and valuation services, Brian also provides property tax appraisal services for appeal and litigation purposes. He has contributed expert testimony in courts of law ranging from local U.S. district courts all the way up to the State Supreme Court level, specializing in legal matters of hotel property taxes and finance. Examples of hotels about which Brian has given testimony are listed below.
- Omni Hotels (Numerous Locations)
- Westin (Missouri)
- Flanagan Hotel (New York)
- Courtyard by Marriott (Connecticut)
- Hampton Inn (Connecticut)
- Holiday Inn (Connecticut)
Brian’s experience runs the gamut from motels, inns, and bed and breakfast properties; to multi-hotel portfolio valuations; to engagements involving more complex consulting and forecasting on full-service, luxury resorts. Brian graduated from Boston University’s School of Hospitality Administration. He is a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Brian on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.