As the leader for the HVS Northeast Region, Brian brings over 15 years of hotel expertise, delivering appraisals, valuations, and consulting services that provide clients with credible results to make confident investment decisions. He has completed hotel valuations and appraisals on hotel real estate with an aggregate value of over $20 billion.
A New England native and state-certified general appraiser, Brian has completed hundreds of engagements, spanning appraisals of motels, inns, bed-and-breakfasts, hostels, and limited- and full-service hotels, to more complex consulting assignments on resort, destination, and convention hotels. He understands the nuances of the numerous lodging product types across markets throughout New England. With his strong relationships with hotel owners, operators, lenders, and brand representatives across the Northeast, he offers clients insightful perspectives on specific markets and hotel products. This breadth and depth of expertise results in thoughtful, credible analyses and supports accurate, actionable client guidance.
Some of Brian's significant past engagements in the New England/Northeast region include the following.
- Cliff House Maine (Cape Neddick, ME)
- The Spa at Norwich Inn (Norwich, CT)
- Red Jacket Mountain View Resort (North Conway, NH)
- Great Wolf Lodge (Fitchburg, MA)
- The Glen House (Gorham, NH)
- Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel (Boston, MA)
- Copley Square Hotel (Boston, MA)
- Four Seasons Hotel (Washington, D.C.)
- Graduate Hotel Storrs/UConn (Storrs, CT)
- Archer Hotel (Burlington, MA)
- Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel (Foxborough, MA)
In addition to his consulting and valuation work, Brian provides property tax appraisal services for appeal and litigation purposes. He has provided expert testimony in courts of law ranging from local U.S. district courts to the State Supreme Court level, specializing in legal matters of hotel property taxes and finance.
- Omni Hotels (Numerous Locations)
- Westin (Missouri)
- Flanagan Hotel (New York)
- Courtyard by Marriott (Connecticut)
- Hampton Inn (Connecticut)
- Holiday Inn (Connecticut)
Brian also regularly represents HVS at major hotel industry events and conferences, including Access HVS Boston, a networking event for industry participants within the New England region. He has also authored numerous articles on the performance trends and dynamics of hotel markets in New England.
Follow Brian on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.