Luigi Major, MAI, oversees the firm’s Los Angeles office. Based in Los Angeles, he has participated in over 1,000 consulting and valuation assignments throughout the U.S. and Latin America. His expertise spans economy motels to complex luxury resort-residential assets across domestic and international locations. His geographic perspective is strengthened by his time working in the HVS Dallas, Houston, and Mexico City offices.
Luigi has a strong focus on delivering solutions that enable clients to make well-informed decisions as they build hotels, secure loans for renovations and transactions, and plan for a diverse array of hotel projects. He works closely with clients during every step of a project, carefully listening to their needs and delivering the most relevant and effective services so they can successfully achieve their goals. They are always confident Luigi will deliver high-quality, well-researched appraisals, feasibility studies, and market studies rooted in strong analytic methodology.
Luigi’s significant past engagements include the following:
- Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur, CA)
- Beverly Hills Hotel (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Hotel Bel Air (Los Angeles, CA)
- Paséa Hotel & Spa (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar (San Diego, CA)
- Four Seasons Resort O'ahu (Ko Olina, Oahu)
- Esperanza, an Auberge Resort & Spa (Los Cabos, Mexico)
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita (Puerto Morelos, Mexico)
- Meliá Villaitana (Benidorm, Spain)
Luigi also has deep proficiency in analyzing proposed development projects given his extensive understanding of hotel development trends and his many proposed assignments. In working with Luigi on complex projects, clients especially appreciate his responsiveness, communication, timeliness, and strong work ethic—the hallmarks of his approach.
Luigi’s proposed hotel consulting experience has included the following notable projects:
- Proposed St. Regis, W Retreat, & Park Hyatt Kanai (Riviera Maya, Mexico)
- Proposed Fairmont/Raffles (Los Cabos, Mexico)
- Proposed Andaz Resort (Guanacaste, Costa Rica)
- Proposed One&Only Resort (Guanacaste, Costa Rica)
- Proposed Gaylord Rockies (Aurora, CO)
- Proposed Gaylord Pacific (Chula Vista, CA)
- Proposed Marriott Marquis (Houston, TX)
- Proposed Kona Village, a Rosewood Resort (Kailua-Kona, HI)
- Proposed Proper Hotel (Santa Monica, CA)
- Proposed Monsaraz Tapestry Collection (San Diego, CA)
An expert in hospitality, Luigi regularly presents at industry events across the country, including the Appraisal Institute, Urban Land Institute, and the annual California Lodging Investment Conference and ALIS Conference. In addition, he authors publications about specific hospitality markets and industry trends and publishes the annual HVS U.S. Hotel Development Cost Survey (see the 2020 survey here). For a presentation of our latest forecasts, please contact Luigi.
Luigi graduated from the University of Houston’s Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management. He is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and a state-certified general appraiser.
Luigi is also the proud owner of the LuLu Hotel in Silver City, New Mexico.
Follow Luigi on LinkedIn and Twitter.
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.