Managing Director and Partner Luigi Major, MAI, is based in Los Angeles and oversees the firm’s Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Phoenix offices. Since joining HVS in 2007, Luigi worked with the HVS Dallas, Mexico City, and Houston offices before relocating to Los Angeles in 2018 to oversee the firm’s Southwest practice. Luigi has worked on appraisal and consulting assignments for hundreds of hotels and resorts throughout the U.S. and Latin America. His extensive expertise is highlighted below.
- Luigi’s experience with all hotel asset classes, including several high-profile domestic and international assets across varied locations and markets, provides him with a unique perspective on the industry. Significant past engagements include the following:
- Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur, CA)
- Beverly Hills Hotel (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Hotel Bel Air (Los Angeles, CA)
- Paséa Hotel & Spa (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar (San Diego, CA)
- Four Seasons Resort O'ahu (Ko Olina, Oahu)
- Esperanza, an Auberge Resort & Spa (Los Cabos, Mexico)
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita (Puerto Morelos, Mexico)
- Meliá Villaitana (Benidorm, Spain)
- Luigi has authored numerous articles on the performance trends and dynamics of hotel markets, including the annual U.S. Hotel Development Cost Survey (see the 2020 survey here). Please contact Luigi for a presentation of our latest forecasts.
- Luigi specializes in proposed developments given his deep understanding of hotel development trends coupled with extensive experience consulting on proposed projects, including mixed-use, resort-residential developments in international locales. His proposed hotel consulting experience has included the following notable projects:
- Proposed St. Regis, W Retreat, & Park Hyatt Kanai (Riviera Maya, Mexico)
- Proposed Fairmont/Raffles (Los Cabos, Mexico)
- Proposed Andaz Resort (Guanacaste, Costa Rica)
- Proposed One&Only Resort (Guanacaste, Costa Rica)
- Proposed Gaylord Rockies (Aurora, CO)
- Proposed Marriott Marquis (Houston, TX)
- Proposed Kona Village, a Rosewood Resort (Kailua-Kona, HI)
- Proposed Proper Hotel (Santa Monica, CA)
- Proposed Monsaraz Tapestry Collection (San Diego, CA)
Luigi has experience with all hotel asset classes, including several large-scale, international hotel portfolios and mixed-use resort-residential developments, and specializes in proposed developments. Luigi graduated from the University of Houston’s Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management. He is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Luigi on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.