A Director with HVS, Brian Arevalo has extensive experience consulting in lodging markets throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, and the Midwest. Since joining HVS in 2012, Brian worked with the HVS Houston office before relocating to Cincinnati in 2016. Brian has worked on appraisal and consulting assignments for hundreds of hotels and resorts throughout the U.S. and Latin America. He has completed assignments for a variety of clients, including financial lending entities, institutions, government agencies, corporate entities, legal and accounting professionals, developers, and private individuals.
Brian has experience with all hotel asset classes, giving him a rounded perspective on the industry. His experience is highlighted below.
- Brian’s experience with all hotel asset classes, including several high-profile Midwest assets, provides him with a unique perspective on the industry. Significant past engagements include the following:
- Proposed Convention Center Hotel (Cincinnati, OH)
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza (Cincinnati, OH)
- Proposed Hilton Downtown Columbus Expansion (Columbus, OH)
- Westin Great Southern Columbus (Columbus, OH)
- Hyatt Regency at the Arcade (Cleveland, OH)
- Marriott Louisville East (Louisville, KY)
- Marriott Lexington Griffin Gate Resort & Spa (Lexington, KY)
- Proposed Graduate Hotel (Bloomington, IN)
- Brian also has extensive experience with existing and proposed assets in Latin American markets; a sample of these assignments is provided below.
- Yalmakan Resort Cancun (Cancun, Mexico)
- Krystal Grand Cancun (Formerly Hyatt Regency) (Cancun, Mexico)
- Proposed Hotel (Guatemala City, Guatemala)
- Proposed La Quinta (Panama City, Panama)
Brian earned a BS in Hospitality Management from the University of North Texas and an MS in Technology Commercialization from The University of Texas McCombs School of Business. He is a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Brian on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.