Christian Cross, a Vice President with HVS, got his start with the firm as an intern with the Vancouver office. Christian later rejoined HVS in a full-time capacity and spent three years at HVS Atlanta, where he conducted appraisals, market studies, and feasibility studies for hotels throughout the Southeast region. Christian has since relocated to the Great Lakes region to launch the HVS Buffalo office. He now focuses on the Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Rochester, Syracuse, Finger Lakes, and Cleveland lodging markets, as well as other markets throughout the northeastern U.S.
He has worked on a wide range of hotel asset types from simple limited-service hotels to full-service hotels, from independent economy motels to complex high-end resorts, from large nationally branded convention hotels to boutique historic hotels, and from properties located in downtown areas to airport markets and rural highway markets. Furthermore, Christian has completed consulting assignments in more than ten states.
Below is a sample illustrating the variety of assets Christian has evaluated.
- Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga North East (Buffalo airport hotel)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree (group-focused hotel)
- TRYP by Wyndham Pittsburgh/Lawrenceville (historic, boutique Hotel)
- Saranac Waterfront Lodge, Saranac Lake, New York (luxury lakefront hotel)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-Downtown (limited-service hotel)
- Foxhall Resort & Sporting Club, Georgia (resort)
- The Oaklander Hotel, Pittsburgh (full-service hotel)
- 1899 Wright Inn & Carriage House, Asheville (bed & breakfast)
- Element Miami Doral (extended-stay hotel)
- Buffalo Grand Hotel & Event Center (independent convention hotel)
- Baymont by Wyndham Buffalo (limited-service hotel)
Christian earned his Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Guelph, from which he graduated as class valedictorian. Christian is also a state-certified general appraiser and holds a Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA).
Follow Christian on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.