Kirsten Smiley is a Vice President with the HVS consulting and valuation office in Los Angeles, California. Since joining HVS in 2014, Kirsten has worked with the HVS St. Louis and Portland offices before relocating to Los Angeles in 2018. Kirsten’s international background and understanding of both Asian and U.S. markets have allowed her to assist her domestic clients and their international partners. Her extensive expertise in markets throughout the West Coast is highlighted below.
Kirsten’s experience with all hotel asset classes, including luxury coastal resorts and high-profile assets in urban markets, provides her with a unique perspective on the industry. Significant past engagements include the following:
- Loews Santa Monica (Santa Monica, CA)
- Pendry San Diego (San Diego, CA)
- Surf and Sand Resort (Laguna Beach, CA)
- La Quinta Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (La Quinta, CA)
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar (San Diego, CA)
- Great Wolf Lodge Southern California (Garden Grove, CA)
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles Airport (Los Angeles, CA)
- The LINE LA (Los Angeles, CA)
Kirsten specializes in market research and feasibility analysis given her analytical skills and deep knowledge of hotels’ multi-departmental operations. Her proposed hotel consulting experience has included the following notable projects:
- Proposed Great Wolf Lodge Northern California (Manteca, CA)
- Proposed Convention Center Hotel Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Proposed Hotel Cecil Redevelopment (Downtown Los Angeles, CA)
- Proposed Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Proposed Wellness Resort (Lake County, CA)
- Proposed Luxury Five-Star Hotel (Downtown Bellevue, WA)
- Proposed Hyatt Centric and Residences (Koreatown, Los Angeles, CA)
Kirsten also has experience in working with government agencies, including the Cities of Davis and Kingsburg, California, and she has conducted a strategic review of 15 hotels for the Port of San Diego.
Kirsten graduated with dual international degrees in Hospitality Management from Sun Yat-Sen University in China and Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. She a state-certified general appraiser working towards a designation of MAI as a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
Follow Kirsten on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.