In Global Tourism Forum, Hala Matar Choufany was in conversation with Ramsay Rankoussi, Vice President of Development Radisson Hotels Africa & Turkey, Bani Haddad, Managing Director of Aleph Hospitality and Paul Gardiner, CEO of Mantis Collection about the Africa hospitality and investment opportunities. Throughout the session, they have covered and shared insights about the following points;
- Where do the opportunities lie for hotel development in Africa? What are the key differences between Africa and more mature hotel markets?
- What is the commitment received or required from the respective tourism authorities and ministries in Africa for hotel development?
- How relevant is domestic tourism and reliance on internationmal tourism?
- What are the challenges for internationally branded hotel developments in Africa?
- How can the issues around financing and resources be resolved?
- What asset classes/segments are going to dominate the African hotel development landscape moving forward?
- Is product differentiation going to be the key for future success in Africa?
About Hala Matar Choufany
Hala is an experienced Managing Partner and Hospitality Advisor with a demonstrated history of working in the hospitality industry. Skilled in Contract Negotiation, Feasibility Studies, Development Recommendation, Valuation, Asset Management, and Strategic Advisory; she has advised on more than 2,500 hospitality and mixed-use projects in the last 15 years across Europe, MEA and Asia. Hala has in-depth expertise in regional hotel markets and a broad exposure to international markets and maintains excellent contacts with developers, owners, operators, investment institutions and government entities. Hala speaks frequently at investment coneferences on a range of topics including asset valuation, management issues and women leadership.
Hala completed Executive Education at Harvard Business School. She also holds an MBA in Finance and Strategy from IMHI (Essec- Cornell) University, Paris, France and a BA in Hospitality Management from Notre Dame University, Lebanon. Hala is fluent in English, French and Arabic.
Hala is a board member of Harvard Business School club of the GCC and is a mum of three. Born in Beirut, Hala lived and worked in a number of cities across Europe, Asia and Middle East.
For more information, contact Hala at [email protected]