Managing Director and Senior Partner Kasia Russell, MAI, is a Seattle native and is currently based in Portland, Oregon. She oversees HVS engagements in the northwest markets of Portland, Seattle, Boise, and Anchorage, as well as markets throughout the western U.S.
Since joining HVS in 2006, Kasia has completed or overseen hundreds of assignments, spanning hotel appraisals, market studies, portfolio valuations, and feasibility studies for proposed hotels, resorts, and mixed-use assets. Kasia has also appraised partial ownership interests and conducted management contract valuations. She has experience with a broad range of clients, including independent investors, hotel owners and management companies, legal counsel, city governments and municipalities, and major banks. In addition to her consulting and valuation work, Kasia has represented HVS at several major hotel industry events and conferences.
Her extensive experience and skills are highlighted below.
- Kasia has authored numerous articles on the performance trends and dynamics of hotel markets in the Pacific Northwest. Please contact Kasia for a presentation of our latest forecasts on this region.
- Kasia specializes in proposed developments throughout the Pacific Northwest, including urban, coastal, suburban, and rural markets. A sample of these is as follows:
- Proposed Ritz Carlton & Branded Residences, Portland
- Proposed Woodlark Hotel Portland, Portland
- Proposed Hilton Garden Inn, Redmond
- Proposed Kiwanda Lodge & Spa, Pacific City
- Proposed Autograph, Seattle
- Proposed Curio Hotel, Seattle
- Proposed Stanford Hotel, Seattle
- Proposed Indigo Hotel and Condominium Development, Vancouver
- Proposed Penrose Hotel, Walla Walla
- Kasia is also responsible for the publication of the annual U.S. Franchise Fee Guide (see the 2019 guide here).
- Kasia is passionate about the experience of both her external and internal customers, led by her service-oriented mindset. She is driven by building long-term relationships with clients of all kinds and works tirelessly to help her clients achieve their goals. Kasia is one of the firm's top business development managers, a designation she earned through years of dedicated service and word-of-mouth recommendations. For a hotel consultant who focuses on providing solutions and a positive customer experience, contact Kasia.
Kasia earned her bachelor's degree from Western Washington University, and she has front-line hotel experience with a variety of hotels, casinos, and resorts throughout the state of Washington. She is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and a native Polish speaker.
Follow Kasia on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.