Cindy brings 20 years of experience working in every position throughout a hotel including corporate staff functions. She has a vast knowledge of all aspects of payroll and benefits administration and employment laws. Cindy’s responsible for overseeing the development, execution, and monitoring of Human Resource and Training policies and procedures at the hotels. In addition to her duties as the company’s Director of Project Management, she is highly involved in various consulting assignments and assists with Asset Management and Advisory.
Prior to joining HVS in 2010, Cindy held various management positions at multiple hotels. She served as the General Manager of a 250-room waterfront hotel on Miami Beach and has provided Taskforce support covering properties as Interim General Manager. She has acted as the lead of property openings, takeovers and assisted with the implementation of the company's systems and internal control procedures.
Ms. Guzman, an experienced hotel General Manager, fills in on an interim basis as overseeing hotels managed by the company during take overs and in other circumstances. She also assists with on-site training at our hotels.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, Ms. Guzman coordinates a majority of the administrative matters of the company, including business development. She is responsible for payroll and benefit management for all the employees of the hotels managed by HVS Hotel Management. She also processes all the credit and criminal background checks which we require before any new employee can start working in our managed hotels. This process includes confirming the person’s legal right to work in the United States. Ms. Guzman manages our employee hotline system.
"We engaged HVS for Asset Management services and within 6 months they turned around our property performance and we were achieving significantly better RevPAR index scores. I would highly recommend HVS for advice and assistance in planning, developing, and operat[ing] a hotel." – Mike Harral, Vice President of Development Wilkinson Corporation
Bench General Manager and Payroll & Benefits Manager
HVS Hotel Management, Tiverton (Newport), RI
June 2011 – Present
Responsibilities include hotel takeovers, filling in for and training General managers as necessary, assisting with consulting assignments and managing the company’s and hotels’ payroll and benefits programs.
Continental Hotel South Beach, Miami Beach, FL
March 2006 – April 2011
General Manager - October 2010-April 2011 (HVS Hotel Management)
• Managed daily operations of 250-room beachfront limited service hotel with significant international clientele
• Managed hotel accounting, payroll and budgets; all sales, marketing functions, all front of the house operations, housekeeping, maintenance, security and valet
• Interviewed, hired, and trained personnel. Performed evaluations and decided on salary increases and promotions
Assistant General Manager – June 2010 – October 2010 (HVS Hotel Management)
• Promoted to this position by HVS Hotel Management when it assumed management pursuant to a Court Order appointing Kirby D. Payne as Receiver.
• In addition to the responsibilities noted below, daily and weekly on-site accounting responsibilities were added along with personnel management.
Operations Manager - January 2007- June 2010
• Responsible for assisting the General Manager in all aspects of the daily hotel operations which was managed by Ian Schrager Company.
• Work directly with the General Manager to manage all activities of the property including employees, maintenance, housekeeping, sales, and profit/loss controls.
• Responsible for directing the Front Office, Reservations, Revenue Management, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security and Valet department.
• Acted on behalf of General Manager in his absence
Four Points By Sheraton, Miami Beach, FL
1998- June 2010
Front Office Manager – January 2007 – June 2010
• Responsible for accounts receivables, and Reservation Department
• Hire, Train and Schedule department staff. Manage Department budget and payroll
• Supervised Reservation Manager, Guest Service Manager and SPG Manager
• Handled guest relations and ensured guest satisfaction
• Ensured all billing procedures were followed correctly and accurately at all times
Guest Service Manager – 2002 - 2006
• In charge of the hotel during evening shift
• Handled over-sold inventory, guest walks and re-location
• Manage hotel gift shop, purchasing, inventory, staffing and coordinated guest laundry
• Oversaw all aspects of hotel operation including Food & Beverage, Valet, Guest services, Housekeeping and Reservations
• Handle change for all outlets, coordinated guest disputes, reviewed departments and kept statistics
Front Office Supervisor – 1998 - 2002
• In charge of daily arrival and departure reports, conduct bucket check
• Collect payments on FIT wholesalers reservations
• In charge of any groups in house and review daily arriving V.I.P’s
1999-2001 Miami Dade College
• Worked towards Associates in Arts in Business Administration while working full time.
2002 Employee of the Year, Four Points Sheraton, Miami Beach
2001 Greater Miami and the Beaches Hotel Association Inn Key award
2000 Starwood Hotels and Resorts Woldwide Special Achievement in Guest Services Award