In this increasingly competitive environment, many communities seek the development of convention centers, sports facilities and performing arts venues to stimulate their local economies and improve the quality of life of their citizens. Whether public agencies or private developers undertake these projects, careful planning is required for successful implementation. Communities need to understand the costs, benefits and risks of public facilities development and communicate this to elected leaders and general public.
HVS can help you meet these challenges with trusted, impartial advice resulting from our years of studying and guiding convention center, sports and entertainment facility planning.
- State and local governments, convention and visitor’s bureaus, economic development agencies, and private developers have all benefited from our research and advice, sometimes spanning the entire lifetime of a project from the early planning stages through financing, development, and operations.
- If you have little experience in the development and operation of public facilities, you will benefit from our knowledge of comparable projects; if you are experienced and have existing projects, you will benefit from our independent analysis and creative thinking.
- We bring a track record of success to help you realize the best means to implement your development goals; many clients turn to us repeatedly as they seek new opportunities for public facility development.
- We have worked in hundreds of cities, towns and villages worldwide, and created ground-breaking models of public/private partnerships.
- We strive to help you evaluate the risks and benefits likely to be encountered through every step of the development process and can assist from the initial conceptual phase through the implementation of financing.
- We have specialized expertise in conference center and hotel operations and understand the important and complex interactions between these two components.
- We assist clients throughout the world and team with local area HVS offices. No project is too large or small, too near or far.
HVS serves public and private owners through:
- Market and financial feasibility studies
- Operational assessments
- Marketing surveys
- Building program recommendations
- Site analysis
- Financing recommendations
- Economic and fiscal impact analyses
- Management and marketing recommendations
- Tax revenue projections
- Solicitation services for facility management
- Financial and transaction assistance
- Development assistance (including drafting of developer RFP/Q, evaluation, and negotiation assistance)
HVS studies the following types of public assembly venues and tourism attractions:
- Convention Centers
- Headquarters Hotels
- Conference Centers
- Stadiums and Arenas
- Civic and Event Centers
- Performing Arts Venues
- Indoor and Outdoor Sports Complexes
- Water Parks
- Banquet Venues and Food Service Operations
- Other Public Assembly Venues
How We Help Our Clients:
- Independent and objective consulting and advisory services to public agencies and private developers
- Data driven analysis of complex issues
- Expert data visualization
- Comprehensive databases of venue operations
- Sophisticated modeling, statistical analyses, and survey research methods
- Compelling written reports with content, focus, precise language and good grammar
- Clear and refined public presentation of complex analysis