October 21, 2014: Mr. Parris E. Jordan, Chairman of the Caribbean Hotel Investment Conference and Operations Summit (CHICOS) is proud to share the top five reasons to attend this fourth edition of the Conference, which will be held November 13-14, 2014 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic:
1. CHICOS is the Caribbean region’s premier hospitality and tourism investment conference. CHICOS provides attendees with the opportunity to significantly expand their network of industry connections while learning about the most important trends that can impact investment decisions today for return on investment tomorrow.
2. CHICOS is the forum to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business opportunities in the region and to communicate directly with the leading investors, banks, investment funds, governmental and hotel brand decision makers, and direct sources of funding.
3. CHICOS 2014 topics are timely and instrumental for those who want to be active players in the Caribbean today. This year’s sessions will address:
• How the regional governments are making it easier to do business in their countries
• Steps for achieving a successful mixed-use development
• The continued success of the all-inclusive product
• An economic overview of the regional hotel performance
• Insights from Caribbean ministers of tourism, leaders in the timeshare sector, presidents of real estate firms, and divisional directors from the industry’s major brands
• Recommendations from capital providers and advisors
• Lessons from veteran developers in the Caribbean
• How hotels are incorporating sustainability profitably into their assets
• Transferring the success of the market into financing availability
4. CHICOS sponsors, panelists, speakers and attendees include the Caribbean’s premier:
• Developers, investors and banks and investment funds
• Hotel brand executives
• Individuals and companies seeking investors for proposed hotel and/or tourism projects
• Hotel and Tourism entrepreneurs
• Franchise and operations companies
• Public and private institutions
• Consultants, Advisors, Architects and Designers
5. CHICOS is critical for stakeholders to become more acquainted with current market conditions and opportunities. Speakers share their most successful experiences and tips for how to avoid costly and detrimental mistakes.
The CHICOS 2014 agenda is now available on line at www.hvschicos.com/agenda and CHICOS organizers are certain this year’s participants, speakers and panelists are sure to motivate and challenge those interested in hospitality development in the region.
Staged by HVS, the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) and the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), CHICOS brings together more than 300 regional and international investors and operators as well as the region’s leading decision makers. CHICOS 2014 will have delegates and speakers from governmental representatives, opinion leaders, developers, bankers and other lenders, tourism officials, investment funds, hotel chain executives, individuals/companies seeking investors for their tourism projects, franchise and operations companies, public and private institutions, consultants, advisors, architects and designers – all to discuss the region’s markets and possibilities
Registration for CHICOS is US $1,200 per person (by Oct. 31 and US $1,350 after) and is available at www.hvschicos.com. For CHICOS preferred hotel rates, contact the Hard Rock Hotel at 1-877-601-0935.
Leora Halpern Lanz
HVS is the world’s leading consulting and services organization focused on the hotel, mixed-use, shared ownership, gaming, and leisure industries. HVS principals are regarded as the leading experts in their respective regions of the globe. Through a network of more than 30 offices and 450 professionals, HVS provides an unparalleled range of complementary services for the hospitality industry. HVS.com.
Superior Results Through Unrivalled Hospitality Intelligence. Everywhere.About CHTA
The Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) facilitates the full potential of the Caribbean hotel and tourism industry by serving members’ needs and building partnerships in a socially responsible and sustainable manner. CHTA is the voice of the Caribbean hospitality industry for the development of the region in the highly competitive and sophisticated environment of international tourism. Today, tourism is widely recognized as a pivotal industry in the economy of the region – and CHTA functions as the common denominator for this industry in a region of diverse nationalities, languages and styles, identifying mutual problems and marshaling the resources of the active and allied members to devise solutions. CHTA represents all facets of the hospitality industry with more than 600 member hotels and over 300 allied members. CHTA, including the events staged by the association, is supported by Strategic Partners MasterCard, Interval International, OBM International, HVS, Tambourine and TravelZoo. www.caribbeanhotelandtourism.com.
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), with the headquarters in Barbados and marketing operations in New York and London, is the Caribbean’s tourism development agency and comprises membership of over 30 governments and a myriad of private sector entities. The CTO’s mission is to provide to and through its members, the services and information needed for the development of sustainable tourism for the economic and social benefit of the Caribbean people. The organization provides specialized support and technical assistance to member countries in the areas of marketing, human resource development, research and statistics, information technology, advocacy and sustainable tourism development. The CTO disseminates information on behalf of its member governments to consumers and the travel trade. www.onecaribbean.org.