A Director with HVS New York, Chris has completed more than 300 appraisals, market and feasibility studies, and consulting engagements throughout the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast regions. Chris is the New York City market leader for the firm, having appraised over 200 hotels across all five boroughs. His extensive expertise is highlighted below.
- Chris specializes in complex, urban-center properties, with extensive understanding of full-service and luxury operations. Assets of this type that Chris has consulted on include the following:
- Crosby Street Hotel, Manhattan
- Greenwich Hotel, Manhattan
- Mandarin Oriental, Manhattan
- Equinox Hotel, Manhattan
- NoMad Hotel, Manhattan
- Mercer Hotel, Manhattan
- Wythe Hotel, Brooklyn
- Marriott Downtown, Brooklyn
- Hilton, Brooklyn
- He also publishes HVS’ Manhattan Lodging Overview each quarter. Please email Chris directly for a copy of the most recent quarterly publication.
- Given his deep knowledge of the New York City market, Chris has advised developers on site selection and performed work for several high-profile projects in their pre-development phase. Examples of these projects are listed below.
- Proposed Ritz-Carlton NoMad, Manhattan
- Proposed Four Seasons Downtown, Manhattan
- Proposed Virgin Hotel, Manhattan
- Proposed Whitby Hotel, Manhattan
- Proposed Ace Hotel, Brooklyn
- Proposed Williamsburg Hotel, Brooklyn
- Proposed TWA Hotel at JFK Airport, Queens
- Various Proposed Dual- and Triple-Branded Hotels
Chris has served as a panelist at the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and co-instructor at NYU’s Schack Institute of Real Estate with HVS founder Steve Rushmore. Chris graduated summa cum laude from the University of Delaware and holds a state-certified general appraiser license.
Follow Chris on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.