Managing Director and Senior Partner Adam Lair oversees the firm's Atlanta, Charlotte, Charleston, and New Orleans offices. A New Orleans native, Adam is based in Atlanta and manages some of the firm's most complex consulting and valuation engagements. His extensive expertise is highlighted below.
- Adam understands the leading indicators driving the trends affecting hospitality industry performance and values. He speaks regularly at industry events, including giving the Industry Overview every year at the Phoenix Lodging Conference. Please contact Adam for a presentation of our latest forecasts.
- He has managed both the HVS Southeastern and the California regions, and has consulted on hundreds of projects in markets between, so he has an intimate knowledge of markets across the country. Moreover, he enjoys working with legal teams on hospitality-related litigation engagements. If you have a case that requires a hotel expert, contact Adam.
- Hotel development and feasibility consulting and is a forte of Adam and his team. He was part of the group that performed the initial studies on the planned 1,000-room Signia Hotel in Downtown Atlanta, the largest hotel project in Atlanta in years.
- He has considerable experience evaluating resort assets, including the following:
- Stanly Ranch (Napa, CA)
- Las Alcobas (St. Helena, CA)
- Turtle Bay Resort (Oahu, HI)
- Ritz-Carlton Kapalua (Maui, HI)
- Four Seasons Maui at Wailea (Maui, HI)
- JW Marriott Turnberry Isle Resort & Spa (Miami, FL)
- Sheraton Bay Point (Panama City, FL)
- Foxhall Resort & Sporting Club (Douglasville, GA)
Adam holds the designation of MAI as a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute and the MRICS designation as a Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. He is also a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Adam on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.