Kathy Conroy, MAI and John Lancet, MAI, Directors of the HVS Consulting & Valuation practice in Florida, have announced that the first annual Central Florida Hotel Market Review (CFHMR), scheduled for Thursday, May 7, 2015 will feature an impressive group of the key industry executives active in today’s hospitality development scene in the Greater Orlando area:
- Stuart Newmark is President and Chief Operating Officer of Revolutionary Road Hospitality Group, a hotel management company focused on development and third party management of lifestyle and boutique hotels throughout the United States. Passionate and highly energetic, focused on exceeding customer expectations, Newmark is regarded for attaining strong financial results with an emphasis on ROI for ownership entities, particularly as he is known as a turnaround specialist with a proven track record for taking underperforming assets and repositioning successfully.
- Richard Reep is an architect and Vice President of VOA Associates, Inc. with over two decades of experience in hospitality design and branding. His work includes global design for hotels and resorts for major brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, and Wyndham. He helped co-author brand standards for several Marriott product tiers, and reposition unique independent properties ranging from the Mohegan Sun to Charlotteville’s historic Boar’s Head Inn. His work currently includes theming and design for new brands being rolled out in the Americas.
- Paul Sexton is a hotel broker with HREC Investment Advisors, dedicated to real estate and mortgage brokerage in the lodging industry. He has provided real estate advisory services to institutional and private investors, acquisition advisory services to several private equity funds relative to hospitality assets and fractured condominiums. Sextion’s specialties also include disposition advisory services, due diligence, valuation, financial modeling and other acquisition related responsibilities.
- Craig Ustler, MAI, CCIM, is the owner and President of Ustler Development Inc, a real estate development company, and Vice President of Ustler Properties Inc, a commercial real estate brokerage company. Ustler is an owner, investor, developer and broker of various property types including multi-family residential, office, restaurant, retail and mixed use. He has extensive experience in land sales, urban planning and highest and best use analysis. In the past few years, he has focused on urban infill projects, as advocated by the new urbanism planning movement. His recent projects have concentrated in downtown Orlando neighborhoods, including the Central Business District, the Uptown District, Thornton Park, Creative Village, and the Florida Hospital Health Village.
- Michael Weinberg is a Director with the Orlando office of HFF with ten years of experience in commercial real estate. He has extensive knowledge of all major real esate product types and is primarily responsible for originating and executing debt and equity placements throughout the Southeastern United States. Weinberg joined HFF in 2010 and has been involved in nearly $1 billion of transactions during this time. His specialties include senior debt placement, permanent bridge construction, structured finance and joint venture and mezzanine commercial real estate investment sales.
The speakers will address new hotel supply impacting the Greater Orlando metropolitan statistical area as well as viewpoints from the perspectives of the brokers active in the market today.HVS director-partners Kathy Conroy, MAI, John Lancet, MAI, and Vice President Don Stephens will also be speaking at the CFHMR event, reviewing the trends and forecasts in demand, ADR, and new supply in the Orlando submarkets, in addition to hotel values, cap rates and buyer profiles.
“Our event will bring together some of the leading influencers in our industry in this part of Florida,” says Conroy. “All those attending the Market Review will benefit from an exchange of insightful information and discussions on future market trends.”
For more information about the Central Florida Hotel Market Review, and to register, visit cfhmr.hvsconferences.com.
Leora Halpern Lanz
The Central Florida Hotel Market Review – the only hospitality investment and networking event of its kind for this region - is scheduled for Thursday, May 7, 2015, with registration beginning at 1pm and panel sessions running promptly from 2pm to 5pm, followed by a cocktail reception. The event will be held at the Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive. The cocktail reception will enable all participants to network and engage in one-on-one dialogues after the conclusion of the event. The event is limited to 100 attendees. An Early Bird registration rate of $79.00 including the cocktail party is available now through April 1, 2015, at which time the standard price of $99.00 goes into effect. cfhmr.hvsconferences.com