Kathy Conroy, MAI and John Lancet, MAI, Directors of the HVS Consulting & Valuation practice in Florida, have announced that registration is now open for the first annual Central Florida Hotel Market Review (CFHMR) – the only hospitality investment and networking event of its kind for this region. CFHMR is scheduled for Thursday, May 7, 2015, from 2pm to 5pm, followed by a cocktail reception. The event will be held at the Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive.
"The Central Florida region is a major hotel destination that is currently experiencing significant activity and new growth,” explains Conroy. “This market is quite different from what it was five years ago, and will be different five years from now, than it is today. It is important for all those with hospitality investment interests in Central Florida to stay abreast of current activity and trends. As such, CFHMR will be focused around these topics.”
“The Central Florida Hotel Market Review will bring together the executives and professionals transforming the Greater Orlando region at this point in time,” adds Don Stephens, who is based in Orlando and a Vice President in the HVS practice in Florida. “Our event will allow participants to benefit from the knowledge and insight of some of the premier developers and brokers in this part of Florida. Their wisdom and outlook, as well as future development opportunities, is sure to be of interest to hotel owners, operators, managers, lenders, brokers, developers, and all other parties involved in the hotel industry in this region.”
CFHMR will showcase:
- A review of trends and forecasts in demand, ADR, and new supply in the Greater Orlando submarkets;
- Trends in hotel values, cap rates, and hotel buyer profiles;
- A panel discussion highlighting certain new hotel projects influencing both hotel supply as well as the character of various submarkets in the Greater Orlando area;
- A panel discussion among hotel brokers relative to their perspectives on current market conditions.
The Central Florida Hotel Market Review proudly announces participation of the following industry professionals:
- Stuart R. Newmark, CHA, President and COO, Revolutionary Road Hospitality Group, LLC discussing involvement in the new Flamingo Crossing hotel market area;
- Richard T. Reep, AIA LEED-AP, Vice President, VOA Associates discussing involvement in the Legoland hotel project; and
- Craig Ustler, President of Ustler Development discussing the Residence Inn hotel project in downtown Orlando.
A broker panel discussion will include both national and regional viewpoints of the Central Florida market from Paul Sexton with HREC and Michael Weinberg with HFF, as well as more Orlando–centric viewpoints from hotel brokers whose practices are focused within the Central Florida region.
The CFHMR cocktail reception will enable all participants to network and engage in one-on-one dialogues after the conclusion of the event. The event is limited to 100 attendees.
For more information and to register, please visit our website. An Early Bird registration rate of $79.00 including the cocktail party is available now through April 1, 2015, at which time the standard rate of $99.00 goes into effect.
Leora Halpern Lanz