Steve Rushmore, president and founder of HVS, the world’s leading hospitality consulting and services firm, proudly shares news of the company’s continued and growing presence as an industry leader around the globe.
Steve Rushmore was one of the very first speakers at the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference, 31 years ago. “As many in the development and investor side of hospitality are likely aware, HVS has been a major contributor and presence during these conferences,” Rushmore explains. “While this event is probably the most significant of the industry conferences in the United States, HVS has developed some of the more influential industry symposiums on other continents.”
- In April, at its 6th successful annual event, the Hotel Investment Conference South Asia (HICSA) was once again a forum for the South Asian hospitality industry to learn, grow, and network. Created to address the growing need for a dynamic platform for industry participants to exchange ideas and discuss the future of the hospitality industry, HICSA today is widely viewed by global industry leaders as the premier hospitality event for the South Asian region. Valued for its networking opportunities and high-level contacts as much as for its content-rich sessions, HICSA has witnessed unprecedented support and appreciation from the hospitality industry and attracted overwhelming participation from hotel owners, investors, operators, bankers, and specialists who come together every year to share their best practices, new ideas, and latest market trends. This conference is held each year in the city of Mumbai. For more information on HICSA, please log on to www.hicsaconference.com.
- The China Hotel Investment Conference (CHIC) is the most influential industry event in China. The 6th annual conference was held in May in Shanghai. CHIC presents a great opportunity for all stakeholders in the hospitality industry to network, exchange best practices and ideas, explore opportunities, and foster collaborations. CHIC, as the most influential industry event in China, receives overwhelming support from hospitality industry leaders, including hotel investors, owners, developers, financiers, and operators, as well as government agencies. For more information, visit www.chinahotelconference.com.
- SAHIC, the South American Hotel & Tourism Investment Conference (www.sahic.com) is the venue for meeting hospitality industry movers and shakers in South America. Building on the highly successful inaugural conference in Buenos Aires in September 2008, the second conference was held a year later in Rio de Janeiro. The forthcoming SAHIC 2010, to be held in September in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, will offer a new opportunity for interaction among the region’s major players and those interested in investing in what has proven to be a successful area. South America provides a great chance for the development of new business opportunities in the hospitality industry, and this conference has undoubtedly turned into “the event” to understand how to take advantage of this great opportunity. For more information on SAHIC, please log on to www.SAHIC.com.
- The NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference is considered to be the most prestigious in the world and annually draws 2,000 attendees from around the globe. Each year, Rushmore presents the latest trends and statistics on the industry in a general session immediately following the CEO panel. HVS Executive Vice President Dorothy Jennings is the Conference Coordinator and has been since the conference’s inception in 1978. Both Jennings and Rushmore serve on the Executive Planning Committee of the conference, which is chaired by Jonathan Tisch, Chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels.
- HVS Hotel Management partners with Lodging Hospitality magazine to produce the Midwest Lodging Investors Summit (MLIS), the leading investment and development conference focusing on the Midwest lodging industry. Held in July in Chicago, MLIS brings together owners, developers, operators, and lenders to discuss the latest trends in hotel financing and development, specifically in the Midwest. Highlights of the conference include general session panels featuring industry CEOs, valuation experts, and turnaround experts. For more information, visit www.MidwestLodgingInvestors.com.
- The Lifestyle/Boutique Hotel Development Conference, a partnership between Lodging Hospitality magazine and HVS Hotel Management, is the only industry investment conference spotlighting the dynamic lifestyle/boutique hotel segment. Held in Miami Beach in October, the conference looks at the development, financing, and operating opportunities in the boutique business. For information on the conference, please go to www.LifestyleBoutiqueLH.com.
“Our mission is to provide the best quality expertise for our hospitality clients,” adds Rushmore. “As the planners and hosts of these leading conferences, we continue to solidify our role as the go-to experts for advice and consultation in our field. We are and wish to continue to be a leading force in the world of hospitality.”